Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chapter 15: It Seems Like There's No Way Out



Rating: PG-13
Characters: SHINee and fictionals
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters in the fiction.  The story is only a narrative and does not involve any real life situation.  The whole plot of the story is written originally by myself.  If there's any similarity to other fictions, it is totally a coincidence.


I sit in the study room with the three weird people, Uee, HyunA and Minzy.  All of us decide to come here and read the books that we got from my dad’s basement or whatever it is called.  Perhaps we could find something that can lead us to the Choi’s agenda and maybe the slightest clue on how Siwon could change to something evil.  He might as well be in camouflage all this while, pretended to be good while having it genuinely evil inside, at the same time digging in information to lead us to the Chois.  I choose to believe in the second one, he is purely evil, towards my parents, towards us.

                But, Jonghyun disagrees with my theory.  He believes that Siwon is manipulated, like his mind is altered in a psychological way until he believes that he is some kind of evil.  Jonghyun convinces me by saying that dad wasn’t going to make him a godfather if he is bad.  It is kind of hard to explain, but I hope what he says is true, because deep inside I still want to believe that Siwon is a good vampire after all.  He is the only one I have as a family.  He is my godfather for heaven sake.

                “I can’t believe that zombie actually exists.  I really thought that it is really some kind of folklore and all, but apparently your dad’s book say the other way round,” Minzy says.

                “Zombie does exist, but not alien,” HyunA says, sending Minzy defeated.  Minzy believes so much in alien, but HyunA believes in zombie.  They have these arguments about which things actually exist and which are not.  I smile at them.

                “It’s okay, Minzy.  I used to believe that Santa is real before.  But, one Christmas night, I saw my mom put my present into my big sock under the Christmas tree.  Since then, nothing of these supernatural things exists to me,” I say.

                “Until you met Jonghyun,” Uee continues on my behalf.

                “Oh, yes.  Until I met Jonghyun,” I say with a smile.  Then, I sigh.

                “You are one hell of lucky girl in this world, you know,” Minzy says.

                “Why?”

                “Oh, come on.  You are loved by a vampire and married to him.  Who doesn’t want that?  I mean, vampires can be a bit romantic sometimes,” HyunA says.

                “Then, say that Jiyeon is lucky too,” I go.

                “Well, I prefer to say, it’s a different situation between both of you.  Look, Sabrina.  Jiyeon and Jinki know each other not for long.  They don’t go through our life-threatening situation together, well, not until now.  But, you and Jonghyun, although a lot of things happen in the past five years, he is still together with you.  He is a patient guy.  He seldom gets mad at you.  I mean, you’re damn lucky,” Uee says while turning to another page for reading.

                “Then, yes.  I might be lucky,” I chuckle.

                “No, you are damn lucky,” HyunA says.

                I shake my head and read more about demon.  I can’t believe what my dad had gotten himself into.  I feel like a freak reading a book like this, believing that this crap is actually happening around the world where I once thought only human lives.  But, the fact is, we share the Earth with them.

                “What have you guys get?” asks a voice so familiar to me.  I turn around to see Jonghyun at the door.

                “Oh, speaking of the devil,” Minzy says with a smirk.  Jonghyun frowns while looking at her, and he smirks not long after that.

                “Did you-did you guys just talk about me?” he asks us with his infamous smirk.  We look at each other and all of us shrug, “Well, you know what?  Just forget about it,” he says.

                “And for your information, we find nothing in these books, just yet.  There’s still hell lot of books here,” HyunA tells him.

                “And shouldn’t you be in bed?” Uee asks him.  Jonghyun swallows.

                “Well, I-”

                “Let me answer you, Uee.  He’s too sick to be in bed for the whole day, thus finding something to do,” I say and I could see Jonghyun licks his lower lip while stepping into the study room, “Did you find anything from your father-in-law’s journal, Jonghyun?” I ask him.  He smirks at me.

                “How do you know that I have it?” he asks me.

                “I found out it is not here when we entered this room just now.  And who else is so crazy about it other than you?” I ask.

                “I’m sorry.  I was so bored in the room, so I took it to find anything that can lead us to their agenda,” he tells me.

                “So, anything?” I ask.  He shrugs, but otherwise opens the books to a page and puts it on the table to let us read it.

                “I found this,” he says and points to something that my dad wrote on his journal.

                “None of them will know that they are 'twins', until one of them find out the true about their powers.  They can be great alliances to each other; they can be great enemies to each other.  They can solve problems for each other; they can create problems for each other.  But, those are not their choices...” Minzy read it out.

                “Well…so, what does that mean?”

                “I can’t be sure about it.  But, I strongly believe that it is a prophecy,” Jonghyun says.

                “What makes you so sure?” Uee asks.

                “See under the note.  It is written there July 12, 1989, Psychic Jung.  So, I believe it is a prophecy told to your dad by this damn psychic named Jung particularly on that date,” says Jonghyun.

                “Well, it could be.  But, how does that help?” Minzy asks.

                “Well…can’t you see it?  It is about him and Siwon,” HyunA answers. “They are like twins, remember?  And for five years, they don’t know about it until Siwon discovered it, just like what your dad wrote in his journal over 20 years ago.  And it is true that they can create a good team because it happened when Siwon was here before.  They worked together perfectly.  But, now they are seems like enemies now.  The prediction twenty years ago just turns out to be true.”

                “Yes,” Jonghyun nods, agrees with HyunA, “And as you can see, we don’t choose to be good or to be bad.  We don’t choose to be alliances or enemies.  So, obviously, Siwon turns out to be evil, it is not his choice.  I’m right.  He’s manipulated or influenced by somebody else,” says Jonghyun.

                “I still can’t find how this information can help us,” I say.

                “It won’t help.  But, your dad’s journal is.  You know, whoever this psychic is, I’m sure he or she is damn good in forewarning.  And if we dig further into your dad’s journal, we might find something that they really want, something that is really precious to them, perhaps some sort of information that foretells the future,” he says calmly.  Now, I get the point.

                “So, we need to continue studying that journal?” Uee asks.  Jonghyun nods and smiles.

                “As well as those books.  It might contain any information that we can link to this book,” he says.

                “Okay, then.  We continue our job now,” Minzy suggests.  I sit down on the chair again and resume my study.

                “May I join you guys?” Jonghyun asks.  I look at him and frown.

                “Are you okay?  Is your wound better?” I ask him back.

                “Yeah, I’m good,” he replies with a smile.  I nod.  I couldn’t deny the fact that since we got those books and journal, Jonghyun has been more optimistic.  He absolutely has positive spirit now and he keeps studying those books non-stop to get any sort of information that can keep us on track.  Honestly, we are far behind our enemy.  They already have something planned and we are still strange on their hidden agenda.

                Jonghyun sits beside me while we are researching the books.  Jonghyun tries to find something else in dad’s thick journal.  He says there are a lot of things in there, regarding his hunting activity.  There are also a lot of contacts, perhaps his hunters’ allies.  I am still surprised to his work; it is like I never really know my real dad.

                “Someone is missing from his bedroom,” Key steps inside the study room.  Jonghyun immediately scratches his head.  I smirk to that.

                “He’s fine, Key,” I say.  Key walks inside and sits beside Jonghyun.

                “I know.  But, Hyori is not going to be so happy about it,” says Key.  Right after Key says that, a woman comes inside the room.

                “Someone is missing from his bedroom,” says Hyori.

                “Told you,” Key laughs.                

                “Hey, mom.  I’m fine.  Look here.  I’m researching on this journal and other books here as well.  We might find something very useful here,” Jonghyun says.

                “Yes, Jonghyun.  I’m not blind.  I know you are doing research, but you are not that well to be up and about,” she says. I laugh.

                “I’m totally fine,” Jonghyun goes.

                “But, I’m not fine seeing you here doing work,” Hyori says.

                “Well, then, why don’t you help us here to decrease our burden?” Jonghyun suggests.

                “Brilliant, Jonghyun.  Brilliant,” Hyori says and walks inside the room.  She picks up a book and sits down beside me.

                “What are you studying about?” she asks me.

                “Demon.  I don’t know which book can help us in this,” I answer her.

                “We should read more on vampires, I think.  But, I’m not going to read about myself,” Hyori says, “I would rather read about the spirit,” Hyori shows me her book.

                “Nevermind, Uee and I are focusing on vampires while Minzy is reading zombie.  And I saw Seraphina took a book about werewolves before.  I think all of us could focus on something and find anything that could relate us to them,” says HyunA.

                “Brilliant.  You guys are way ahead of me,” says Hyori.  I shrug and all of us are back to our reading session.

                Our silence is not for long.  Jonghyun suddenly speaks out in the middle of nowhere.

                “Your dad is highly resourceful, Sabrina,” he says.  I look at him, “He knows where to find those books and he knows where to get his weapons.  It was written in her diary all over the place.  He also knows where to find his case, I mean, those involving devil supernatural thing,” Jonghyun says.

                “Oh, really?  That is so not like me,” I say.

                “Your sister is,” he replies, “She is highly resourceful as well.  She should be in the intelligence service, not you,” he teases me.

                “Yeah, I know right?” I say sarcastically.

                “Hey, guys.  This is something funny.  Shape-shifters are actually lonely, so, they catch their victims and be them, just so that they could live with their victims’ partners,” Key suddenly says with his face still in his book.

                “What is shape-shifter?  I’ve never heard of it,” Uee asks.

                “Shape-shifter can change its own shape to anybody of its target.  Usually, after copying the shape of the targeted person, the shape-shifter will kill its victim and the saddest part is, it will live with its victim’s partner,” says Jonghyun.

                “That’s gross.  How can shape-shifters be something funny?” asks Minzy.

                “The fact that they are lonely.  It is funny because compare to us, vampires, we suffer the most emotional inertia.  We are lonelier than them.  Some of us who choose to be immortal, live for centuries, but don’t have partners for that hundreds of years.  We have to curb our feeling of love, unable to express it to anybody, because people think we are monsters.  But still, we didn’t kill anybody just because we want to get partners, like the shape-shifters do,” says Key.

                “So, are you implying that you are lonely as well?” asks HyunA.

                “Well…”

                “Go get a girlfriend, Key,” HyunA rolls her eyes and goes back to her reading.

                “I found a girl that I love.  But, she doesn’t love me back.  This is kind of pathetic but I still love her although she is already married to someone,” says Key.

                “Oh, who is it, Key?” Minzy starts to ask.

                “Trust me, you don’t want to know who she is,” Jonghyun says.

                “Oh, Jonghyun. You know about it?  You know about Key’s girl?” I ask him.

                “I know her more than anyone else, Sabrina,” he says, quite pissed off, “You know what?  Just drop it,” he says.

                “H-hey, look.  What’s up?  Did I just say something wrong?” I ask.

                “No, just…no, forget it,” Jonghyun says.  I look at Key.  Key shrugs and doesn’t want to talk about it as well. I could have asked again, but Hyori just cuts in with another supernatural issue.

                “I never thought that a spirit could possess,” Hyori says.

                “Well, it is written in the book that a demon could possess.  So, I assume any supernatural things could possess,” I say.

                “Not vampires though,” says Key.

                “Yes, a demon could possess, I know that,” Hyori says, “But, spirit is something dead, I mean spirit of dead people.  It is intuitively human who dies.  But, human spirit can possess human, this is sort of weird,” Hyori says.

                “But, it happens,” Jonghyun goes.

                “How do you know?” Uee asks.

                “It is written in Kwon’s journal.  There are a few cases that he solved involving the possession of the spirits on human,” Jonghyun says.

                “Oh, so it does happen,” Hyori nods while looking into the book.

                “So, this is it!  This is the problem with Siwon!” Jonghyun suddenly exclaims with a bright face.

                “What?  What is the problem with him?” asks Hyori.

                “I mean the spirit.  Is there any possibility that the spirit could be summoned?” he asks Hyori.  Hyori checks the book again.

                “Yeah, it is stated here that spirit could be summoned with this incantation written in this book, and this symbol need to be drawn,” Hyori shows us the symbol and incantation in the book.

                “I think this is the answer to Siwon’s sudden change of behavior.  It is not him.  He is possessed by the spirit of the Evil Choi,” says Jonghyun.

                “What?  How could you be so sure?” I ask.

                “We know that Siwon is a good kind of vampire and your dad even made him your godfather.  It is impossible for him to turn evil unexpectedly, unless there’s something happened to him.  The fact that I saw the Evil Choi in my last nightmare is actually really him.  I mean Siwon really saw him with his eyes.  We really saw the spirit of the Evil Choi,” Jonghyun tells us.

                “You’re right, Jonghyun.  Furthermore, the fact that you no longer have any vision is because Siwon’s mind is probably controlled by the spirit so that you can’t connect to it anymore,” Key assumes.

                “Well, it makes sense, although I could still feel whatever pain he causes me,” says Jonghyun, annoyed.  He touches his wounded shoulder.

                “So, if the Evil Choi possesses Siwon, what is the main purpose?” asks Uee.

                “It is most probably not the Evil Choi that wants this.  It might be the group that hates Ji Woo as the head of the Choi and they try to use Siwon as a vessel to pull her down.  And in order to do that, they have to get through us.  So, using Siwon against us might be an advantage because they know that we won’t kill Siwon,” Jonghyun gives his assumption.

                “You mean they summoned the spirit of the Evil Choi and use Siwon to destroy us?” Hyori asks in disbelief.

                “Exactly,” says Jonghyun.

                “Then, what does it have to do with Min Yee and me?” I ask Jonghyun after I could get the information absorbed into my brain.

                “Think of it, your dad might know something all of us, both parties are clueless about.  They use Siwon to get through us, but Siwon and I are bonded by the curse.  They will need to kill me too in order to get Ji Woo, but if I die, Siwon will die as well.  I am sure they don’t want that to happen to Siwon, because he seems important to the family of the Choi.  They want him as the head of the family.  Logically, what I could assume right now is they want your dad’s journal so much because it might contain anything that might help to untie the curse between Siwon and I,” says Jonghyun.

                “Then, why do they want you so much as well?” I ask him again.

                “They are desperate.  Maybe they actually don’t want to kill me.  They actually try to catch me and keep me somewhere else until their mission is accomplished.  That way, Siwon will be able to live and lead them,” says Jonghyun.

                “I think everything just makes sense.  I mean, what you say fits all their motives and the chronology of the events makes sense.  I assume they are finding something that can help to break the curse between you guys and then their job to destroy us will be easy because killing Jonghyun means no harm to Siwon anymore if the curse is broken,” HyunA speaks.  I see Hyori nods, seems like agreeing to the assumption.

                “So, what we need to do is find whatever in the journal that will help to untie the curse,” Key suggests.

                “Which I think the Choi is wrong for having that thought,” says Jonghyun.

                “Why?” Minzy asks.

                “They might think your dad has something Sabrina, but they are wrong.  The curse is unbreakable,” says Jonghyun.

                “What makes you say that?  You found anything yet?” I ask.

                “Here,” he shows us the journal and reads it out loud, “If one is to live, then both will live.  If one is to die, then both will die.  When the souls are torn apart and the bodies are no longer belonged, the curse is broken between them,” Jonghyun points it out.

                “There is really no other way,” Key says and sighs.

                “And there’s no other way to pull the spirit out of the body.  Only demon can be exorcised, but not spirit.  They only way to handle the spirit is to burn whatever remains of the body with salt.  And I’m sure the remaining of the body is in their nest, and we wouldn’t want to risk any of us to get inside there just to burn the remaining of the Evil Choi,” says Hyori.

                “That just makes things even more complicated for us,” says Minzy.

                “But, they will come here to get the journal and they might as well just fight to pull Ji Woo down.  There will be war again,” Key says.

                “How do you know, Key?” Uee asks.

                “Someone who often gets a premonition on things that is going to happen usually never get it wrong.  Here is a forewarning from whoever this Psychic Jung is,” Key shows us a paper that he finds concealed in the shape-shifter book that he reads.

                “Psychic Jung?” I ask.

                “Yes.  This note was written on July 12, 1992.  When things are mess and chaos, a war will be declared and vampires will kill amongst themselves.  By that time, someone will come to rescue by sacrifice.  His death is a suffering but he will- Well, it ends here.  Seems like your dad wrote this in hurry because his handwriting seems a little, well…you know,”

                “Apparently, this psychic was the one who predicted about Siwon and Jonghyun as well,” I say.

                “So, I say.  A war is going to happen no matter how we try to prevent it,” Key goes.

                “What we need to do now is to prepare.  And if we can’t kill the evil like a vampire does, we will use a very human way of killing,” says Jonghyun with a smirk.

                We look at him, demanding for explanation, but what he does is only smirking.


__________
heaDeVil^23

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Shinee